Stems Plein Air Paint 2017 begins this Friday with a Sunset Quick Paint
on the evening of May 19th at 5pm
at the Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens (RAIN OR SHINE).
*Please read the our EVENT GUIDE thoroughly prior to the event.
It should answer many of the questions you may have if you are unfamiliar with our event. We have also made some slight changes from year’s past so I would like to encourage any returning artists to give it a look as well.
Instructions for the SUNSET QUICK PAINT:
- We will meet in the parking lot at the Arboretum entrance at 5pm. (*if raining, meet in Visitor’s Center)
- Artists will sign in and receive their name badges and information packets.
- We will stamp canvasses and other painting surfaces in the Visitor’s Center after you sign in.
- Food and refreshments will be provided.
- The QUICK PAINT begins after all are signed in, stamped, and ready to go. We will announce when to begin.
- Paintings will be judged immediately after painting has concluded.
- A $500 purchase award will be awarded to the winning artist (award sponsor gets your painting/you get $500).
- Then, artists may paint a their leisure at any of the three painting locations from May 20th to June 1st.
If you are unable to make it to the SUNSET QUICK PAINT:
- Artist Sign in packets will be at the Arboretum on Saturday, May 20th from 9am to Noon. Then they will be available at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art on Mon-Sat, 10:30am-5:30pm for the remainder of the event.
- Canvas stamping will be available at the Arboretum on the following dates from 9am-Noon: May 20, 22, 24, 27, 29.
- Canvas Stamping will also be available at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art Mon-Sat, 10:30am-5:30pm.
All artists must pre-register to participate
in the event and its supplemental events.
There is still time to register for Stems Plein Air if you haven’t!