SUNSET QUICK PAINT 2018
Friday, May 18th 5-9PM
Rain or Shine!
Stems Plein Air Paint 2018 begins with a Sunset Quick Paint at the
Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens!
Artists will have a specific amount of time to complete a plein air painting which will then be judged by the Purchase Award Patron.
One PRIZE WINNER will be selected for a $500 PURCHASE AWARD!
Instructions for the SUNSET QUICK PAINT:
- We will meet in the parking lot at the Arboretum entrance at 5pm. (*if raining, meet in Visitor’s Center)
- Artists will sign in and receive their name badges and information packets.
- We will stamp canvasses and other painting surfaces in the Visitor’s Center after you sign in.
- Food and refreshments will be provided.
- The QUICK PAINT begins after all are signed in, stamped, and ready to go. We will announce when to begin.
- Paintings will be judged immediately after painting has concluded.
- A $500 purchase award will be awarded to the winning artist (award sponsor gets your painting/you get $500).
- Then, artists may paint a their leisure at any of the three painting locations from May 19th to May 31st.
If you are unable to make it to the SUNSET QUICK PAINT:
- Artist Sign in packets will be at the Arboretum on Saturday, May 19th from 9am to Noon. Then they will be available at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art Mon-Sat, 10:30am-5:30pm for the remainder of the event.
- Canvas stamping will be available at the Arboretum on the following dates from 9am-Noon: May 19, 21, 23, 26, 28.
- Canvas Stamping will also be available at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art Mon-Sat, 10:30am-5:30pm.